The S-A-B gate is a steel reinforced gate, designed for emergency openings, contraflow applications and emergency crossing points (ECPs) and motorway crossing points (MCPs). It offers quick access to the central reserve barrier on a dual-carriageway or motorway, allowing for emergency vehicles to cross over lanes or for traffic to be diverted in case of accidents.
The S-A-B gate also allows impact absorption with reduced deflection and redirection of small or heavy vehicles at a narrow angle.
The S-A-B gate system is unique and can be opened fully or in part as required, quickly and can be opened by hand, without the need for any tools. It can be connected to concrete step barriers and in fact any concrete or steel barrier.
Several units can be joined together to suit various opening widths. Each unit also has wheels, which when deployed, allow individual sections or the complete gate to be opened.
Testing & Acceptance
Tested to Highways England BS EN 1317 Part 2 at performance levels N2 and H2
- Quick and easy to install, no foundation required
- No tools required - can be opened at any joint by hand
- Modular - easily broken into small sections for ease of opening
- Can be connected to steel or concrete vehicle restraint systems
- Impacted or damaged systems are quickly and easily replaced